Making Dreams Come True
for children with life-threatening illnesses
Over The Moon Recipient
The Dreams Come True “Over The Moon” Award was developed to recognize the men and women in our local hospitals and clinics who are on the front lines of treating and assisting our children, and who go above and “Over the Moon” for our dreamers.
We are proud to announce Ellen Greeley, Registered Nurse at University of Florida, Pediatric Cardiology, as our recent recipient of the “Over The Moon” Award.
For so many dream families, an upcoming medical procedure can be very overwhelming. Registered Nurse, Ellen Greeley, with UF Health Pediatric Cardiology, is dedicated to providing support and comfort to children and families before and following those procedures. We are honored to announce Ellen as an “Over The Moon” recipient.
Here are some questions we asked Ellen:
Tell us a little more about yourself and what you enjoy doing outside of your career?
I have worked with Pediatric Cardiology for the last 22 years. I mainly work in the cath lab, assisting Dr. Ettedgui and Dr. English. I am also responsible for scheduling the kids for their procedures and providing pre and post cath care. In my non-working time, I am grandma to my 3 grandkids…..my world J. Once I retire, my goal is to spend more time with them. I also have a passion for baking and decorating cakes. I hope to do a little more of that once I retire!
What do you love about your job?
I think what I love most about this job is that I don’t interact with just a patient, but an entire family. Prior to COVID, it was routine to see the waiting area filled with family members for just one little patient. To watch their emotions change from fear and apprehension prior to the procedure, to relief once we were done, and finally gratitude as they were being discharged, is just so heartwarming.
How would you describe the impact of a dream on a child and their family?
Dreams Come True can change a child’s life, even if it’s just for a short time. I think that parents and siblings benefit from Dreams sometimes as much as the child. They are all able to be a part of something fun and maybe forget for just a little bit that there is an illness that can sometimes be all consuming.
One of your fondest memories associated with a dreamer and their dream trip
I have one little boy, who is not so little anymore, who had a dream to go to a Minnesota Vikings football game. He not only went to the game, but was on the field and met many of the players. The pictures that he sent me showed a little boy who looked very different from the one we would see in the clinic. This was a boy who couldn’t stop smiling and was just loving life that day.
At Dreams Come True, our mission is brought to life through the dedication and passion of our staff, volunteers and the partnerships on the First Coast that we cherish. It is together that we are able to ensure that no child is denied a dream or placed on a waiting list. Thank you to all our donors for their assistance in bringing hope and joy into the lives of local children battling life-threatening illnesses. A special thank you to the following community partners who have gone above and beyond to help us fulfill our mission.
Our Community. Our Children. Our Commitment.
The following individuals and companies are recognized for support provided January 2019 – December 2020.
Gifts of $30,000 and above
The John H. Moore II and Joan Kraft Moore Trust
The Estate of Grace Aldrich Andersen
Donald C. McGraw Foundation, Inc.
Gifts of $10,000 and above
- Alfred I. duPont Foundation, Inc.
- Bennett’s Feed and Farms
- Borland-Groover Clinic
- Brooks Rehabilitation
- Coker Law
- Commercial Metals Company
- Cruises & Tours Unlimited
- David A. Stein Family Foundation, Inc
- Deerwood Rotary Charities, Inc.
- Mr. Tom Dodson
- Gibraltar Title Services, LLC
- Mr. and Mrs. Joe Grantham
- Ho Ho Hold ‘Em Poker Tournament
- Jaffi’s and Kyds Fashion Show
- JAX Refrigeration, Inc.
- Miller Electric Company
- Momentum Transportation USA Inc.
- Money Pages of Florida, Inc.
- Mr. Michael C. Morales
- Mr. and Mrs. Wallace L. Nutter
- Publix Super Markets Charities, Inc.
- Renaissance Charitable Foundation
- Riverwood Men’s Club
- Ms. Linda H. Sherrer
- St. Johns Investment Management Company, LLC
- Mrs. C. Herman Terry
- The Community Foundation for Northeast Florida
- The CSI Companies, Inc.
- The Thomas M. Kirbo and Irene B. Kirbo Charitable Foundation
- Trailer Bridge, Inc.
- TSG Realty
- W. W. Gay Mechanical Contractor, Inc.
Gifts of $5,000 and above
- VOYA Foundation
- Adecco Group
- Anne Elizabeth Suratt Advised Fund
- Arlington Lions Club
- ASAP Dental Care, LLC
- BDO USA, LLC
- Beaver Toyota
- Believe Foundation, Inc.
- Berman Family Foundation, Inc.
- BGC Holdings
- Black Knight Financial Services
- Bradford Middle School
- Brightstar Financial Group
- Mrs. Christy Budnick
- C2C Innovative Solutions
- Capital Analysts of Jacksonville
- Christ Episcopal Church Dancers
- CSX Technology
- Doubles for Dreams
- DuBow Family Foundation, Inc.
- Enterprise Holdings Foundation
- Graybar Electric Company
- Mr. and Mrs. Howard Gunton
- Mr. and Mrs. Todd Holder
- Huber Engineered Woods
- Jack and Betty Demetree Family Foundation
- Jacksonville International Airport Management Council
- JA-RU, Inc.
- Jax Arcade Expo
- Lewis & Raulerson, Inc.
- Mr. and Mrs. Thomas R. McGehee, Jr.
- Mr. and Mrs. Wade S. McGowan
- Miller Electric
- Miller’s Ale House
- NAI Hallmark Partners
- Northeast Florida Square and Round Dance Association
- PNC Financial Services
- PPR Talent Management
- Price Family Charitable Fund
- Railing Chiropractic and Acupuncture
- Selevan Family Foundation
- Shore Excursions Group
- Mr. and Mrs. Leed Silverfield
- Stein Mart
- TD Bank
- The Bolles School 5th Grade Class
- The Main Street America Group
- The Suddath Companies
- Mr. Stephen J. Tremel, Jr.
- Wells Fargo Bank, N.A.
- Mr. and Mrs. John H. Williams, Jr.
- Dr. and Mrs. Bruce R. Witten
- Ms. Celeste Beale
Dream Society of Giving
In 1984, the Northeast Florida community laid the foundation that has led to the fulfillment of more than 3,700 dreams. Today, annual corporate and individual gifts sustain the ever growing work of Dreams Come True as we strive to maintain our commitment to never have a waiting list and never turn down an eligible child. Gifts to Dreams Come True are tailored to meet the goals of each company or individual donor. Regardless of whether your support is through a general donation or for a specific program or event, your gift will be recognized.
Approximately 98% of all dreams granted by Dreams Come True last year fell into this range. Therefore, by becoming a Dream Maker, you can underwrite the cost of an entire dream.
To learn more about our levels of giving, download our Dream Society of Giving packet. For additional information, or questions about getting your company involved, please reach out to Sheri Criswell, Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 904-296-3030.